At Fineantics our role is to ensure you operate at your best capacity, as well as minimise the stress and time taken to do paperwork after your working day is done. We will help you understand the financial numbers in your business (and what they actually mean for you), plug any leaks, be ahead of potential problems, and guide you to make better informed decisions so that you can focus on running your business and spending more time doing other things you love.
Fineantics Bookkeeping was established from a desire for a more flexible and balanced lifestyle. A goal that we strive to achieve for all our clients.
Having worked as a bookkeeper, BAS Agent and accountant for over 20 years, Fineantics’ owner Leah, understands all the challenges and pain points for businesses when it comes to bookkeeping. Ask her about the frustrations of the average small business and she will recount them with much empathy and passion, because "taking their pain away" is exactly what she loves to do.
For our clients, this experience and empathy means you can rest assured that your ATO compliance will be managed with genuine care and expertise, saving you the usual stress and headache not only at tax time but throughout the financial year.
HOW WE HELP
Are you overwhelmed by:
- a mountain of paperwork?
- late ATO lodgements?
- not being ready for your accountant at tax time?
- not knowing who owes you money or not paying bills on time?
- wondering if it’s financially worth working for yourself?
At Fineantics Bookkeeping we pride ourselves in our practical approach and ability to make the process as easy as possible for our clients. Our experience and knowledge means we are well equipped to ease the confusion and pain that many small businesses experience when it comes to managing their books and meeting ATO requirements.
We are valued by our clients for our:
- ability to explain problems in uncomplicated terms,
- desire to work with businesses to help them understand their numbers and paperwork without the headache,
- genuine desire to see them succeed,
- ability to free up our client’s time so they can focus on growing their business and spending time doing what they love.
At Fineantics we want to make sure that the service you receive is specifically designed for the needs of your business. Every business is different and we don’t want to take a cookie cutter approach to bookkeeping.
You will only ever pay for the services your business needs. For this reason we have a range of service options we can match to your business and your budget.
Tasks we help with include:
- General bookkeeping
- Software setup and training
- Accounts payable and receivable
- BAS / IAS / TPAR preparation and lodgements
- Payroll and superannuation
- Preparation and explanation of monthly / quarterly reports
- Liaise with Tax Office
- Streamline processes
At Fineantics Bookkeeping, we understand the stress that keeping accurate business records places on business owners, especially tradies who are busy enough on the tools.
Many business owners find it almost impossible to keep up with all the paperwork, compliance, and changing legislation. This can lead to being chased by the ATO, heavy fines, and even business breakdown. Working together with you, we help identify pitfalls and compliance issues and build efficiencies into your business.
We can help you manage who owes you money and keep track of suppliers you need to pay - with as little or as much involvement as you need.
We act as a bridge between you and your accountant, taking care of the day to day transactions and collating them to create the financial story of your business for your accountant to provide strategic advice and end of year taxation lodgements. Most importantly, we speak your language.
Within our professional network, we work closely with accountants who recommend us as their preferred Bookkeeper.
Your employees are necessary to the success of your business so paying them correctly for the work they have done, and keeping track of annual leave, sick days and RDOs is important.
Single Touch Payroll is causing a lot of confusion and angst for business owners since the ATO brought in new reporting requirements, it is now essential to get this right.
We can ensure the smooth running of your payroll to keep your employees happy and ensure you are meeting your obligations.
Payroll services include:
- Weekly / fortnightly / monthly payroll with payslips emailed to employees
- Single Touch Payroll reporting to ATO
- End of payroll year reconciled and reported to ATO
- Leave entitlements recorded correctly
- Superannuation recorded and lodged
- Co-invest long service leave reporting
- Worksafe remuneration reporting
Monitoring where money comes in and out of your business can help better understand areas for improvement and give you greater control of your business finances.
Questions to consider include:
- Am I trading profitably?
- Will I have enough money to meet my regular financial commitments?
- Do I have enough money to pay myself and others?
- Is my business financially getting ahead or falling behind?
- I see a profit on my reports and wonder where that money is?
We can help you understand where your money is being spent and review to see if there are any unnecessary expenses that are leaking money from your business. We then use this information to create a plan moving forward - paying yourself, putting money aside for bills / GST / PAYG / tax, and working towards seeing your profit remain in the business.
As a qualified BAS Agent we take care of ATO lodgements which saves you time and hassle of getting BAS / IAS / TPAR prepared correctly and submitted on time, so the Tax Office doesn’t come calling about incorrect or late data with subsequent fines.
Our BAS services include:
- Keeping track of lodgement due dates so you don’t have to worry about when reporting to ATO is due.
- Liaising with the ATO on your behalf to save you the stress of having to deal with the tax office - managing issues like late lodgements, payment plans etc.
- Checking the GST coding on all your transactions are correct and preparing data to submit quarterly BAS and monthly IAS lodgements to the ATO so you can rest assured your data is reported accurately.
- TPAR reporting, keeping your data on contractors up to date and lodging the annual reporting to the ATO so you are not digging through paperwork to find relevant invoices at the end of financial year.
Although you can do your BAS yourself, there are a range of benefits in hiring a BAS Agent to complete your BAS for you:
- They are educated on the relevant regulations and legislation when it comes to your BAS.
- They have experience and knowledge in preparing documentation effectively and efficiently.
- They know how to check that your BAS is correct and everything has been reconciled correctly, including GST, PAYG, wages, and superannuation.
- They are required to complete ongoing study and education to remain registered.
- If you lodge your BAS and it is incorrect, you can potentially be fined. BAS Agents are however covered by the Safe Harbour laws, adding extra protection.
- They must abide by a Code of Conduct, ensuring they are professionals, confidential, honest, competent and independent. You can report a BAS Agent to the TPB if you believe they are breaching this Code.
- They are required to have minimum qualifications, including extensive hours of experience, proper insurance, professional membership and ongoing study.
- They get a longer time to lodge documents than you do alone.
Your bookkeeper does all the groundwork managing transactions in your accounting software, payroll, BAS etc and works with you on the daily / weekly processes.
Your accountant works on the big picture of your business, providing strategic advice and handling end of year taxation.
- Mobile access – being able to access your data anywhere, not being tied to a desk
- Cost effective – no costly infrastructure to maintain
- Time effective – can prepare quotes, send invoices, approve payments on the job rather than waiting to get back to the office
- Backups and Security – Could based accounting software has military level of encryption backing up your accounts and records, rather than being on a physical server in your office or hard drive of your laptop.
- Collaboration – Sharing accounting data with your bookkeeper and accountant is made simple and all have access to the same up to date numbers
- Reducing paperwork – significantly reduce reliance on paperwork with invoices emailed directly to clients and expenses scanned and saved to transactions in your accounting software. Easy to find and less cumbersome to store.
- Bank transactions – bank feeds can be easily match deposits to sales invoices and withdrawals to bills in your accounting software, greatly improving the speed and accuracy of reporting and reconciling.
- Better insight of financial data – online accounting software gives better view of outstanding debt, expected income and over all position of your business.
- Xero - Silver Champion Partner
- Quickbooks - Advanced ProAdvisor
- MYOB - Diamond Partner
Online, at your premises or a bit of both.
Leah is a Tax Practitioners Board practitioner and a member of the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers, so you can be assured that we are bound by a code of conduct and required to undergo continuous training to keep up with changing legislation to ensure we remain compliant and competent.
Yes, Leah has Professional Indemnity insurance for BAS agents as required by Tax Practitioners Board
Myself and my Partner could not thank Leah from Fineantics Bookkeeping enough. She has been a massive help within the last year and a half of having her look after our books. Not only has she done a great job with our books but also keeping us informed and up to date with everything and anything relating to Covid-19, whether it be grants, deferrals or simply information, she has not skipped a beat. Would definitely recommend her to anybody looking for a very responsive and professional service.
Carlo Rositano (Google Review)
I am so thankful for being recommended to Fineantics by a friend.
When I first met with Leah my bookkeeping was so unorganised & behind that my comfort level at having to share & deal with such matters was stressful. The processes that have since been put in place with friendly & knowledgeable solutions I would highly recommend if your searching for a competent bookkeeper to give Leah a call.
Christine Vabec (Google Review)
Thanks Leah for all of your help, you always provide such a professional service and assistance. I would highly recommend your services to any SME business owners who require the services of a bookkeeper.
Michael Smith (Google Review)
Eighteen months ago, I changed the structure of my business form sole trader to a PTY LTD company. Leah was instrumental in helping with these changes and moving me onto Xero. Leah provided training and is always available for ongoing problem solving. Most recently Leah has chased down all my government entitlements relating to COVID, many of which I was unaware existed. Leah is knowledgeable, prompt and easy to work with and I would highly recommend her.
David Wood (Google Review)
When I first met with Leah my bookkeeping was a mess. After working with Leah, I am now functioning more efficiently and know the numbers around my business. Such a relief.
Donna Shearer (Google Review)
Leah has been incredibly professional, patient and caring in getting our business book keeping in order. Leah is extremely competent and experienced in her field of expertise and this is combined with a lovely personable approach which makes you feel as though no question is too much or too silly to ask. I would not hesitate to recommend Leah's services to other business owners who are in need of assistance with their book keeping.
Natasha Kirkwood (Google Review)